Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Gonna be a busy day

We had a little weather incident last night that wasn't "supposed" to happen. You know those "20% chance of rain" forecast? Yeah, it came with golf ball sized hail, 70 mph winds and a shitload of rain. 20% my ass. "Well, Angel, meteorology isn't an exact science." Alchemy is a more exact science than meteorology.

We've got window damage, roof damage, my storm door on the garage is beaten to hell. Two huge branches from our only good tree are down in the front yard. We've inherited battered patio furniture from the neighbors. It was Max's first storm with us. He's fearless. Or a wimp. Not sure which, but wherever I went, he was on my heels. Checking on the chicks, checking windows, he was right there with me. He was either protecting me or making sure I didn't abandon him to the storm monster.

Anyway, called the insurance adjuster this morning and was given the precise appointment time of "between 9 and 1". I'll  be somewhat busy today cleaning, waiting and calling roofers. Won't have much time to post, so I'm going to leave this here for your entertainment.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn woman, if it weren't for bad luck you would have no luck at all.
Glad all are safe and hope the adjuster is good to you.
Terry
Fla.

Anonymous said...

Damn...that thing is hypnotic!!....and good luck in the cleanup, fixup....

vaquero viejo

Anonymous said...

Patio furniture? Is it usable?

Once i inherited a grain bin the same way.

Glad to hear your safe.

Exile1981

Anonymous said...

Glad all is well. Good luck with the cleanup, and with the insurance adjusters. As far as meteorologists, they're about as useful as those idiots that claim they know what the climate is going to be doing 100 years from now.

Jesse in DC said...

The thing that amazes me is that the Climate Change twats are SOOO sure, and yet the 20% referenced above is still wrong. If I did my job like that I would be un-employed.

Steve said...

Yeah, must be great to be paid six figures a year to stand in front of a TeeWee camera and GUESS what the weather is going to do for the next week or so. And still get paid when you are wrong more often than you are right.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are OK, that's the most important thing.....regards, from Gatineau, Québec, Canada

wirecutter said...

I'll take my rain over your wind any day.