Thursday, October 10, 2013

My apologies

This has been one of those days in one of those weeks where you just want to throw up your hands and quit, climb back in bed, pull the covers up and hide. I had a bunch of stuff loaded to post, and it all disappeared. Then for the better part of the morning and afternoon, I couldn't log into the blog to post anything manually. Then I finally get in and don't have anything I really want to say. There's so much crap going on out there, a lot of rumor and speculation and fearmongering, and I just want to say, "Fuck it, I don't care anymore, I got shit to do to get ready for reality."

There was the post at Sam's about the National Guard being used to block out the truckers (HERE). And while I wouldn't put it past President Twatwaffle to pull something like that, it's another level of fear. This afternoon, the Truckers Ride for the Constitution Facebook page posted a counter comment to the info released by Paul Joseph Watson at InfoWars:

The following is my reply to Paul Joseph Watson at Infowars. Infowars has chosen to go against this legal protest. Infowars has refused to work with the organizers of this event and are now lowering themselves to propaganda. The trucker protest is on!! Please do not be fooled by information coming out of the Alex Jones camp.

Dear Mr. Watson while we appreciate your interest in our story we would ...appreciate it even further if you reported correctly. To the reader of this article: The Virginia State Police are working closely with our organization and have assured us that no such orders to the National Guard exist. The protest moves forward. Lt. James De Ford whom we are working very closely with assured ridefortheconstitution.org early this morning that the ride was within the legal rights of the people and the government nor local or state law enforcement have no plans to intervene. The National guard has NOT been called in and I495 and the Beltway will be open to the protesters as planned. Mr. Watson if you want to report on this story please report it correctly. You can reach me directly here: media@ridefortheconstitution.org .. Please print a retraction and contact us for further coverage. Thank you.
 
Of course, this hinges on your faith in the Virginia State Police and your trust that they will a) keep their word, b) really are privy to what Obama is planning. If you're in that area or heading into that area, just keep your eyes open and be prepared. 
 
As for me, I've got a bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin  in the oven and a pineapple upside down cake with fresh whipped cream. I'm taking the day and enjoying the hell out of what's left of it. Y'all do the same.

7 comments:

stevierayv said...

I will do as you say.Enjoy the rest of your day.

Murph Dog said...

Never, ever give up

Adrienne said...

I think Watson finally took the story down. What the hell happened to "trust, but verify?"

Ken aka fht451 said...

Like I always say "you can't expect too much from a day that starts with getting out of bed!"

RabidAlien said...

Yeah, what Ken said.

...now...about that pork tenderloin...

Robert Fowler said...

pineapple upside down cake with fresh whipped cream.

Shit. I wish I was a lot closer, maybe I could get a invite. ;)

hiswiserangel said...

Robert, you're always welcome at my table. You too, Rabid. Aw hell, all y'all are welcome to drop by for a bite.