Friday, January 10, 2014

Excellent article on going potty while armed

Snicker if you must, but this is an issue for women who carry concealed, especially an inner pants or waistband holster. I, my very own self, have clunked my Sig on the potty when lowering my jeans. It's awkward, and there are definitely things you DON'T want to do. Like removing it and setting it on the toilet paper holder or hanging it by the trigger guard on the hook on the back of the door (I know this has happened, not by me).

You dudes have it easy, well unless you have to poop, and then you're in the same boat. Ladies and gents, let me know how you handle this.

http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/women-and-guns/concealed-carry/using-the-restroom-when-you-have-a-concealed-gun

10 comments:

Keads said...

No we really don't have it easy. As soon as you unhook the belt well, fishing your heater out of the toilet sucks. Just sayin'

hiswiserangel said...

I thought you boys just had to unzip and aim. :-)

Anonymous said...

When needing to set down in a public restroom, I've un holstered inside the stall. Dropped pants and put holster and all down one leg into the top of my boot. Then when I stand up, retrieve holstered gun, pull up pants, attach holster and fasten pants. Adjust as necessary. Exit stall.

You could also do this without removing the holster if needed, you would just need to be careful. An ND in the bathroom would be bad. Fiddling with your gun increases this risk. Hence why I'll pop holster and all off. It's a bit more time consuming and kind of a pita, but with the trigger always covered by the holster, your chances of getting something hung in the trigger go to almost zero. Just practice at home with an unloaded gun.

Riley

Rebecca said...

Shoulder holster

hiswiserangel said...

Shoulder holster is okay during the winter when you can wear a jacket (Texas doesn't have open carry), but in the 108 degree heat, not so much.

wirecutter said...

Go #1 and #2 before you leave the house, kiddies.
Amateurs, I swear.....

idahobob said...

I thought you boys just had to unzip and aim. :-)

No.....some of us like to drop our drawers and give the boys some air.

Bob
III

hiswiserangel said...

Oh really, wirecutter? You only go potty once a day? You must have a bladder as big as your big ole head...

JeremyR said...

Buy a larger belt, and only loosen it two or three notches. I used to wear a sheep skin vest and the pistol was in an over padded pocket up in front. I wore it in 105 deg weather many times. Sheep skin is surprisingly cool in summer. When you sweat, it becomes a swamp cooler.
You just have to oil your pistol once in a while.

Anonymous said...

I recall hearing that lots of police officers of both sexes loose their weapons by leaving them in public restrooms. So I'm careful to retrieve mine.

--hale