Thursday, October 3, 2013

An honest comparison


The "Avg. deaths of a shooting rampage" hinges on response time. Cops usually aren't called until the first bodies hit the floor. Then it's a scramble for mobilization from wherever they are to the incident. An armed citizen at the scene of the shooting can react within seconds, especially a responsibly armed citizen who diligently trains with his or her weapon. One who has faced the question of whether he or she can pull the trigger with the intent to kill BEFORE the incident requiring action. If you're carrying a lethal weapon and you haven't had that conversation with yourself, haven't solidly resolved yourself to action, then you need to do it. NOW. TODAY.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Without hesitation.

Leigh
Whitehall, NY

Jason said...

When faced with the question "should I" there are two choices, live or die. Which do you choose?
For whom do you choose it?

Do you kill for the benefit of another, or for your own?

Can you live with yourself afterward?

I fight these questions daily.

Yet I still carry daily, practice weekly, and sleep like a baby every night knowing that my family and I will at least have a fighting chance.

When it comes down to it, I know how, but I don't know yet how difficult those decisions are in real life. I hope to never know.

Jason said...

Sorry about that last little rant of mine. I do get a bit upset thinking along these lines. Seems like I think more about it than I ought to.