Monday, December 30, 2013

My 2014 Motto

I have spent my life as a control freak; if I can't control the actions, choices or outcomes, I go a little nuts. And this leads me to overthink, overanalyze, and overplan/prepare. Yes, you can over-prepare. I doubt I can completely release my grip on the reins, but I can loosen it. I can open myself to the theory that I'm not omnipotent, and there are some things beyond my control. Mostly, the people in my life. The ones I love, cherish, care deeply about and worry about; but can't control. I can't make their choices, I can't protect them from the consequences. And I can't make them want to stay in my life, no matter how much I'll miss them when they leave. As for the coming storm, well, this is my new motto for everything:


P.S. If you don't know who Hagrid is, we seriously need to rethink our friendship.

8 comments:

AbbyS said...

Angel, I knew I loved you for a damn good reason!! Quoting Hagrid just made my whole gloomy, snowy Monday so much brighter!!!

Thanks!!!
AbbyS

hiswiserangel said...

You are very welcome, Abby! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I have ALL the books,and ALL the movies!!---Ray

RabidAlien said...

Needs a "checks to ensure wand fully charged and safety disengaged" tagline, though.

Phil said...

Damn honey, sounds to me like you need a good dose of FUCKITOL.

LOL!

Remember, don't sweat the small stuff and it's ALL small stuff.

Just teasin' ya.
Hope ya feel better! Being sick sucks major.

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

It took me close to ...well let's just say more than half a century... to learn the only things I control are my own attitude and my own actions.
Then I learned I don't do that so well, either.

wirecutter said...

I had to google Hagrid. Seriously.

hiswiserangel said...

That's okay, wirecutter. I had to google "gloryhole" this week. Now we both have the .fed confused.