Sunday, September 14, 2014

Find someone to carry you


A fellow Patriot turned me on to Firefly a couple of years ago. Yeah, I know, what the hell was wrong with me that I'd never heard of it? But, I made up for lost time. I watched the first episode on Netflix, then several hours later, I was emotionally drained and totally obsessed. I had a character with whom I strongly identified (those of you who are Brown Coats can guess which one), I had a favorite crush (hint, I had the hots for him as Animal Mother), and I had a favorite quote. I bawled so hard at that episode, you know, wracking snotty nose snobs. It was a time when I felt lower than low, heartbroken and completely ready to give up. But I had friends who offered to carry me, and that makes all the difference in the world.

I can't recall a single time when a Patriot was in serious need that the Patriot community didn't rally to their aid. And I think it's because Patriots embrace that ideal. You run under your own steam until you can't, and then you walk as far as you can; and when you can't walk, you crawl. And when you absolutely can't crawl anymore? You reach out to your brothers and sisters, knowing as sure as the sun comes up in the East, someone will be there to carry you. Why do we know this? Because we know we'd do the same for anyone else who needed it. We know. 

I want to thank wirecutter for linking my post on Steve and Rose Vanderhoff. I had quite a few hits and responses on it on my own, but Ken linking me quadrupled the hits in a few hours and also the offers of help for the Vanderhoffs. I'm not amazed, but I am blessed to know such good and true people. Patriots.  Thank each and every one of you, and special thanks to wirecutter. You make me proud to be an American Patriot.

3 comments:

Wraith said...

I actually can't guess who you identify with. You're classy as Inara, cute as Kaylee, have Zoe's balls and you can be crazy as River.

I give up...?

hiswiserangel said...

Wraith, that's about the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me. You just made my day. :-)

Anonymous said...

Have you watch Big Bang theory yet? I'm sure you could relate to Sheldon ( or his mother ).