Monday, December 31, 2012

2013: It's Going to Get Interesting



Okay, so 2012 is a few hours from ending and I can't say I'll miss it. Things didn't turn out the way I'd planned and I've had so many heartbreaks in such a short time, I'm a little numb. I could sit here and dwell on all the downright shitty things that have happened, up to and including Obama's reelection, but where would that get me? I could sit here and stew and worry about the coming dark days, but that's not productive and to be honest, it's a little disrespectful to the life we still have allotted to us.

Does this mean that I'm sticking my head in the sand and ignoring the storm on the horizon? Oh hell no, what it means is while I'm prepping, planning, practicing and praying, I'm going to be living, loving and laughing (and maybe even lusting a little, who knows? It's about time.) Every day that I wake up that is still good and unbloodied, I plan to live to the fullest. I plan to enjoy my friends and family (and that includes all of y'all, definitely among the blessings of 2012). I plan to learn new things (krav maga class starts in 5 days). I plan to stop letting my husband define my worth with distorted values. And I'm going to start planning my own happiness.

My wishes for y'all are simple, good health, lots of love, find happiness where you can, laugh every day, and if you can't be safe, take as many of the sumbitches with you as possible. We have no guarantees, living on borrowed time, let's make the most of every minute.

Love y'all

Angel

12 comments:

MissK said...

Sending love your way for 2013... may this year bring you strength to kick you-know-who`s ass :P

Keep shinning like the beautiful woman you are.... my life is better for having you in it... I hope you know that Sweet Angel <3

Love always ;-) XOX

Anonymous said...

Praying for all! Happy New Year Angel:) We love you :) DT2 and Angry Mike ....:)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year
I know you are a true Southermer, you used "all y'all" the plural of y'all!
;)
Terry
Fla.

orbitup said...

We love you too. You're right to keep your chin up, 2013 might turn out better than we think.

Millwright said...

Angel,
No man defines your self worth.

"God created us and loves us more than we can imagine. God accepts us as we are, as long as we come with sincere hearts and try our best to do what is right, with God’s help. We should also make an effort to reach out and continually show practical love by accepting and including others that may feel rejected."

Chin up, its a whole new year :)

crankyjohn said...

I am going all out with the resolutions this year. Sugar free metamucil for me in 2013! Hua!

timbo said...

That's the spirit, Wiser!

Hope for the best and plan for the worst.

We're only here for a short while, so try yer damnedest to have some fun!

WiscoDave said...

“The most destructive thing we can possibly do in life is to make another person doubt his worth and identity as a child of God. The very most productive thing we can do is to help ourselves and others realize that as children of God, our worth is infinite.”
“Life is too short to waste any amount of time on wondering what other people think about you. In the first place, if they had better things going on in their lives, they wouldn't have the time to sit around and talk about you. What's important to me is not others' opinions of me, but what's important to me is my opinion of myself.”

MSgt B said...

Happy New Year!

Glad to see you start blogging in 2012, hope you keep it up through 2013.

Robert Fowler said...

Happy New Year.

Now, about that "lusting" thing....

hiswiserangel said...

unfortunately, Robert, the "lusting" thing... it's been so damn long I've probably forgotten how. ;-)

timbo said...

Bet not! It's just like riding a bike - just hop on, and it will all com back to you!