Thursday, December 20, 2012

I Won't Back Down

 
I have been slammed in emails from Facebook "friends" who had to explain to me why they are unfriending me over my "radical, irrational stance on outdated 2nd Amendment rights and my ridiculous suggestion that loving, caring, nurturing teachers be armed." I responded with a hearty Wirecutter "Fuck off".
 
My position is neither radical nor irrational. It is my God-given right to protect myself and my family, it is my duty as a Patriot to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. I felt this way when George W. Bush was in office. I feel it more strongly with Obama in office. It is not for any man, regardless of party affiliation or office, to deny a person their God-given right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. And to remove the 2nd Amendment rights would seriously put the basic essential rights in grave jeopardy. That is the argument in a nutshell. Take a Patriot's right to defend himself (or herself) from not only criminals, but tyrants, and you have basically eroded the entire Bill of Rights. The right to keep and bear arms, whatever arms WE THE PEOPLE deem necessary to our protection, is the lynch pin that protects ALL OTHER RIGHTS. Sorry for the heavy use of the word "right(s)", but there is no other word to describe it.
 
Second, my position on arming teachers and school personnel does not include forcing people to carry against their will. On the contrary, I am suggesting that the restriction on legal carry be lifted so that those who choose to, who are willing to undergo training and have proven to be responsible gun owners, be allowed to carry on the job. I would never force anyone to carry a weapon against their will just as I would expect them not to force me to leave mine at home. This is an issue that I feel should be left to the schools to decide, not the state and absolutely NOT the Federal government. Each school district understands best it's vulnerabilities, needs and capabilities better than any bureaucrat in a state or national capitol. If you namby pamby Lefty Lofty Libtards want to continue the Gun Free Zone charade, believing that a piece of paper is going to stop evil, by all means go for it. It's your right to live as you wish and I would NEVER impose my beliefs on you. I will mourn your children, but I will not force you into something you feel "morally reprehensible". All I ask in return is that you get the fuck out of my way as I protect my family with my rightfully owned guns.
 
See? All it comes down to is Liberty. I let you choose the way you live, and you let me choose the way I live. You choose how to protect your innocent children, and you let me choose my way. I thank Wirecutter and Kerodin for reminding me of Jefferson's Rightful Liberty: Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others.

Thanks WiscoDave for the Amen.

9 comments:

WiscoDave said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msl3K0wB0FQ

crankyjohn said...

Amazing how many pussified republicans are rolling over.

Robert Fowler said...

crankyjohn said...
Amazing how many pussified republicans are rolling over.

No it's not. The liberals have taken over both parties and they are intent on ruining this once great country. This isn't the country I was raised in. The worst thing the R's ever did was elect Boehner as speaker. I wouldn't piss in that asshole face if his nose was on fire. We really need a serious house cleaning.

I will not comply
I will not conform
I will not be disarmed.

angrymike said...

That a girl, fuck'em, I lost a long time friend Wednesday when he told me I shouldn't be owning any semi auto's, and he's a hunter. Ppl don't realize it's not about guns, its about freedom ......;)

Anonymous said...

I'm with y'all. If you don't want to be armed, great I won't force you. However, don't touch mine and don't scream for help from me when shit gets real.
Riley

Anonymous said...

Yep, a girl. Do I see red hair? Baby pic?
Terry
Fla.

hiswiserangel said...

Terry? Red hair? Baby pic? What?!

Anonymous said...

Crap, wrong post. That went with the baby pic in the mis labeled boilerdoc post.
It would have been maybe just a little funny there. Here, not so much.

In this post, your fuck off reply was most appropriate..

Sorry for the screw up. Must be worried about tomorrow. If there is a tomorrow.

Terry
Fla.

hiswiserangel said...

Heh, sounds like you've been taking my happy happy pain meds. And yeah, mom saw that pic and said, "Minus the booze and cigarette, that could have been you." I'll try to post a baby pic. I was freaking adorable.