Monday, September 5, 2016

Okay, Blogger, you're pissin' me off

Jesse in DC asked if I'd fired wirecutter from the blogroll, and I thought "WTF???" And then I went at looked. Sure as fuck, Knuckledraggin' isn't there. Knuckledraggin I is there at the bottom where it's been since wc moved to Phase II, but no link to his current site.

I ASSURE YOU I DID NOT DO THIS!!!

I immediately opened my blogroll tool thingy and both links were on the list, clear as day; but just in case, I deleted the old link and replaced it with a clean, fresh link. Clicked save, and.....

NO FUCKING LINK TO WIRECUTTER.

I have absolutely NO IDEA what is going on or how to fix it. Just like I can't figure out how to fix the stupid Captcha thingy. I have repeatedly clicked NO CAPTCHA in my options and it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference. If there is anyone out there who is a Blogger master and willing to take a look, I would be very appreciative.

But in the meantime, I would like to reiterate:

WIRECUTTER, IT'S NOT MY FAULT! I DIDN'T DO IT! HAVE PITY, FAIRY BLOGFATHER!

15 comments:

Andrew said...

Oh, sure, blame it on the blogger service. Uh-huh. Not your fault at all, sure...

Don't you know it is actually a conspiracy conducted by secret ninja soros squirrels from planet Hillary?

Now, don't you think that's a better answer?

Anonymous said...

Move to wordpress. Left Blogger for some of these vary reasons.

Sarge, Out

BWBandy said...

This isn't retaliation for the driving posts?

hiswiserangel said...

I irritate him more when I have access to him.

Phil said...

I had exactly the same issue the other day. I finally found him at the very bottom of my Blogroll with the blogs that have been inactive for months.
I also had to delete and reinstall his blog.
I have noticed SEVERAL TIMES that sometimes when you make a change to the layout of your blog and click done that it can take a while for the changes to show up.

As for the usual response I see about moving to Wordpress;
been there, done that, weren't impressed.
They don't or didn't at the time, allow Java script addons and trying to get pictures and such onto the margins was a complete PITA.

JeremyR said...

My blog has been doing the same thing. Its not blogger though, its the RSS feed which provides the latest post information. I suspect leftards at play. They have been doing other things to slow the Trump onslaught.

Granny said...

Chinese writing on Knuckledraggins opening site to advertise a Chinese airline. I alerted him and then it disappeared. Something definitely weird going on.

Chickenmom said...

Granny - I have noticed a lot of Chinese stuff as I tool around the web. One place I usually go to for ideas was all in Chinese. Tried it several times. Had to finally delete the site. Something IS going on.

Dick said...

You think of Wirecutter as your Fairy blogfather??
Now there's something I find hard to imagine.
I found a pic of the "Ammo Fairy" but that's as close as I can get.

wirecutter said...

I suspect it was because I quit banning you so you banned me.

Seriously, stuff like that happens on Blogger - posts, pictures, comments and links removed without your knowledge.

wirecutter said...

What captha? I've never seen one here?

hiswiserangel said...

That's because you're the Fairy Blogfather.
Fairies come and go as they please.

joetentpeg said...

Curious.

I've noticed he's been absent from 'mayberrykeepitsimplestupid's blog roll for months.

Along with yours, the feral irishman, free north carolina, and western rifle shooters.

Hmmmmm.

hiswiserangel said...

Yesterday was the first day he was missing from mine, and we got it straightened out immediately.

Anonymous said...

FYI -- Clicking on the mug picture at the top of the right sidebar goes to a 2013 post on the old blog.