Monday, February 24, 2014

Temporarily Out of Commission

The Cute Chicks came down with pink eye Saturday, and I woke up with it terrorizing my right eye yesterday morning. We're all getting treatment (which means I hold down two autistic teens every 4 hours to schmear eye ointment in their eyes, and then do it to myself which is, surprisingly, harder), but light is not my friend. I'm sitting here in the dark in sunglasses trying to type with sticky tears running down my cheeks, so not cool.

So until further notice, y'all are just going to have to do without me. Talk amongst yourselves.  Laters.

8 comments:

Keads said...

Y'all get better soon!

Unknown said...

my eyes are watering just reading about it. Hope it clears up soon!

Robert Fowler said...

May wellness visit you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hope all y'all get better real soon.
Terry
Fla.

Anonymous said...

whaaat. Is this shit going around? we have cases here in the big city in North Central Texas also....

taminator013 said...

Of all the occular afflictions, pink eye is preferable to the much more serious fecoptitis (shitty outlook).

You all get well soon.

Major Wolf said...

get well soon, put some bacon on it and it will clear right up!

Stretch said...

Many years ago the CIA installed an optical scanner for testing by Office of Security.
First generation model required you place your face against a rubber cup to block out external light at the scanner did its thing.
Yup, you guessed it. Pink Eye swept the office.
OS waited until the technology improved to the point physical contact was not required before recommending adaptation.