Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Amarillo Area Animal Shelter is playing dirty

They've started sending me emails from puppy dogs. The one today was a homerun. It's kind of small, but you can get an idea.



I'm calling tomorrow to see if we can meet, see if we hit it off. We will be hosting Charlie's son for three weeks in August, I know this isn't the ideal time, but like babies, is there EVER an ideal time? I  know Snoopy gets along well with other dogs, we'll have to see about Bubba there.

But Monkey?! What kind of fool name is Monkey? That's got to change. I was thinking Skeeter, or Mad Max. I dunno. Y'all need to help me.

12 comments:

Grog said...

A 1 year old terrier mix? how about noisy? ;)

hiswiserangel said...

I need a little alarm. Charlie hardly ever barked. Only very seldom growled a little or yipped. Besides, I have 6-inch wide duct tape.

Anonymous said...

Lunch

Jesse in DC said...

Had a cat named Noisy... Used to meet me at the door just like a dog...And yes, he was noisy.

Grog said...

Noisy it is, then. But how long does it take a dog to regrow muzzle hair? ;)

Grand said...

Ruger

hiswiserangel said...

Grand, if I get two, I can call them Smith and Wesson.

I wanted to call our next doggy Sparta, as in "What's your dog's name?"
"THIS. IS. SPARTA!!!!"
But Steel Ibeam named his dog Sparta, so that's out.

Angel eyes said...

Hey, I'm dog sitting one that looks just like that. Cute as Hell and he knows it, and thinks he's a Rottweiler.

Volfram said...

Oh he looks adorable.

Leigh said...

Dust Mop?

Leigh
Whitehall, NY

Anonymous said...

I generically call all dogs "Bud." That works for female dogs, too, as one can thing of Bud being a shortened "Rosebud."

Rusty

Volfram said...

If he's currently called "Monkey," I would suggest "Wu-Kong."