Friday, May 23, 2014

A good ole Texas fundraiser

I was in City Hall paying my water bill today when I saw this flyer taped to the wall:


So yeah, that's typical around here. Last year it was a really nice Winchester shotgun, this year a 9mm pistol. And before any of you dudes start whining about "it's not a .45ACP", suck it up. A gun is a gun, and any gun is better than no gun, and if you can't hit something with a 9mm dead center, then you sure as hell aren't going to hit it with a .45. And where else can you get a handgun for $5 AND help the Boy Scouts?

5 comments:

Jesse in DC said...

Did ya get tickets?

hiswiserangel said...

But of course. :-)

Volfram said...

I bought a ticket for one of those at an NRA raffle once.

Should have bought 2. I was 1 away from the winner.

Unknown said...

For anyone in Oregon that likes yearly gun raffles the Mount Angel softball team raffles off an AR every year, except this year. This year they were talked into raffling off a Barrett M107A1 .50BM with a Leupold Mark4-LRT (donated by Leupold) and 100 rounds (donated by Tactical Ammunition). I do not know what the tickets cost normally but this year they were $50 each and anyone that bought a ticket got to shoot it before the raffle.

RabidAlien said...

....can anyone buy tickets, or do you have to be present to win? Wife and I love our Springfield XD's (she actually has the XD-S in 9mm, I carry the 4" XD in 9mm).