Friday, May 23, 2014

Sandman Update: Prayers Answered

Just received this from Sandman, and it restored my faith. Like the original III to III experience with wirecutter and his Pops' passing, help comes from the most unexpected sources and that the smallest gestures can pull someone through a tough time. Read the whole letter, and understand the message.

The III is everywhere, they are dedicated, and when they come together, they can move mountains. God bless every last one of you who offered help, either money or prayers. Both helped. 

Hey Folks,
I am still alive and kicking. The wife and kids are still at home, and things have been quiet for a couple days. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, The PayPal links and checks in the mail have totaled up to over $4000.

But today I got to see a small miracle in action. I just got back from a 3 hour round trip to meet a Patriot. Lets call him "Bob". Turns out Bob lives a few hours North of our AO, and I met him at the Mercer PA PATCON, years ago. Last year Bob contacted me about helping the OVM. He was a good ways outside our one hour rally-range, so he did not join up. And I did not get a chance to meet up with him again.
Now Bob is a regular guy, self-employed, home-schooled kids, good wife, and very unassuming.
Just a regular guy, EXCEPT he is a III Patriot. He told me of his efforts to spread the message in a subtle and informative way. His own preps are sufficient for him and his family. He says he's too old and busted up to run and gun in the woods, BUT when the time comes he will stand.
Helluva guy.
Anyway, Bob asked me to meet him about and hour and a half north of my home. I was skeptical, and worried. But with my family at stake I decided to put the pride aside and take a leap of faith that Bob was on the up and up.
To make a long story short, after about a 20 minute talk, he put a check for $5000 in my hand. No strings attached and no payback date mentioned. I am floored. I am now in a position to get things squared away financially, get the IRS off my back right away, which will allow me to focus on the family again.
Bob's ONLY REQUEST was that I spread the word and get a message out to all the III% out there.
He said the III is not some small exclusive club, we are everywhere, he said to tell you that we have more support than we know. He said this was his way of paying it forward, III to III. He might not be in a Militia, or training in CQB, but he will continue to help (and he has friends) the best he can.
So my leap of faith turned into a small miracle, one that reminded me of how this works. That we may be a minority in the coming fracas, but we are an amazing minority. I let Bob know that our door will always be open to him and his. And that I will strive to live up to the trust he placed in me.
Please post, that donations are no longer needed, the III% have stepped up, and helped save my family. The rest is on me. God Bless and God Speed.
ps: you may post this mail if you wish. I am sure "Bob" won't mind, thanks again Bob and ALL the others who helped out. I owe you all a debt that can never be repaid.


David C
aka: Sandman

2 comments:

wirecutter said...

Fucking A. Them's my boys (and girls).
Is there anybody out there that still thinks this is a fucking hobby or passing fad?
I didn't think so.

Grog said...

If there is anyone that still thinks that, they'll have their illusion removed in short order when everything goes to shit.