Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Confessions of a crappy mom



Sunday was Teen Queen's 19th birthday. I completely forgot. Prom you know. Anyway, packed a gluten-free chocolate cake mix and a can of gfcf fudge frosting in her backpack yesterday. At 8:10, got a call from her teacher:

Mr. G: Did you know she's got a cake mix and frosting in her backpack?
Me: Yup
Mr. G: Did you put it there?
Me: Yup
Mr. G: Care to tell me why?
Me: Gee, TQ, happy belated birthday, sorry I forgot, here, make your own cake.
Mr. G: Go back to bed.

Sorry, TQ, you know I love you and I'll make you a million cakes when I get better.


6 comments:

Angel eyes said...

You are not a crappy mom. I haven't been well rested since my boys were born. That's been 25 years for the oldest and it feels like 100 years for the youngest.
Don't ask. I could probably turn Steven King's hair white with my stories.

hiswiserangel said...

I bet you never made your kids make their own birthday cakes. :-P

Leigh said...

That's OK, I almost forgot my Anniversary.....
Fortunately, my mother asked me what I had gotten my wife. You know, in that way mom's ask you something when they know you forgot, but without saying you forgot.

Mom- gotta love her! Still protecting my ass after all these years!

Leigh
Whitehall, NY

Jesse in DC said...

Hey, I can't cook for uh poop, but my kid is a chef. Damn skippy he makes his own...

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know how you feel. You're a fabulous Mom. If you need further proof, go back and look at the smile on TQ's face in the prom pics. Sometimes you have to let a ball or two drop to be able to juggle all of the rest of them. Prom obviously was a higher priority than a cake to her, or she would have reminded you. She reminded you of prom.

-CM

West Tx at Heart said...

Relax we all love ya.