Friday, April 25, 2014

My dream home

This is the Black Bear Chalet from Lazarus Log Homes. It's a three-level, 4 bedroom, 3 bath, with 1960 square feet. The lumber reclamation program helps the environment (shut up, the most environmentally friendly people I've ever met are Patriots, Tea Partiers and Libertarians), and keeps the price down.

The kit is about $56K, plus your foundation, electrical and plumbing, and labor. The sweat equity you can contribute, and I can do A LOT, keeps it really reasonable. Now I just have to stake out my perfect piece of paradise.

http://www.lazarusloghomes.com/blkbr_log_cabin_home_kit.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its a really cool house, but as we age, stairs are NOT our friends. If you have issues with your legs or joints, tread carefully.

Personally, I'd want at least a partial porch on the 2nd floor as well, in case it starts to rain and you want to stay outside and watch it go.