Friday, November 22, 2013

Snuggle up

It has been a bitterly cold day. Currently 23, feels like 9. That's just wrong, people. It was 71 degrees two freaking days ago. Made German sausage and cabbage soup with crusty bread, and strawberry s'mores.

Saw this on Facebook yesterday and it got the wheels a'turnin'. Take the green off, dip in marshmallow fluff and slice in half, slap it between graham crackers and Hershey's bars, and voila! I had to hide the grahams and chocolate or the girls would have never stopped.


There is something so "winter" about toasting marshmallows in the fireplace. And hot dogs, and Baby Queen buns. She'll stand there with her butt to the flames until she can't take it anymore. Or I start to smell her cooking and move her. 

So, c'mon in and pull up a chair, get toasty warm and help yourself to some s'mores.



11 comments:

Keads said...

Sounds like a great way to start the weekend!

stevierayv said...

Can I have whiskey with my smores if so I am in.

hiswiserangel said...

But of course, stevierayv. ;-)

idahobob said...

What that fireplace needs is a bear skin rug in front of it. Bearskin rugs like bare skin to be on them, and then......well you get the picture.

Bob
III

hiswiserangel said...

Did you not notice the temp here, Bob? I'm wearing thermals, jeans, sweater, two pairs of socks, another sweater...

Anonymous said...

Dinner at your house sounds really tasty! I have to ask though, how the heck did you make GF crusty bread?

Growing up, everyone knew the spot in front of the fireplace belonged to me and the cats. Some days I could get so hot, it was great.

-CM

hiswiserangel said...

It's my version of crusty bread. It's garlic toast made with Udi's.

hiswiserangel said...

Udi's also makes really good French bread if you can find it in the stores.

idahobob said...

Hey, it's getting in the teens here!

"Throw another log on the fire". ;-)

Bob
III

Stretch said...

"German sausage and cabbage soup with crusty bread"

God! I love it when you talk like that!

Anonymous said...

I dreamed about your roasted marshmallow strawberries last night, that's how tasty they look! I may have to hit the grocery store today so I can do my own! ;)

Good to know on the crusty bread. I was hoping you had an amazing recipe that you make, but that info is good too. I will have to find some of the french bread and try it. It's so hit and miss with GF breads, as you well know.

We tried the Glutino bagels, and they were so heavy and dense that we couldn't actually eat them as bagels. We had to do them as small bites or you couldn't chew them!

BTW, did you know if you do the King Arthur Flour GF muffin mix and really whip it good, then only fill the muffin tins between 2/3-3/4 full they'll actually rise and be rounded on top? Or use the muffin mix done the same way in a mini loaf pan and it does the same thing. My kids were shocked with 'normal' looking muffins. You do have to increase the cooking time a bit though, their time estimates are always low for me.

-CM