Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Notes from a marginally functional mom

Last week was a bitch, in so many freaking ways I won't go into it, but the blank spots on the weekend were because I hit a wall mentally and physically and basically shut down.

So I'm unwinding, Teen Queen is healthy enough to go back to school, and I've got some me down time coming. Starting tonight. I began by trying to open a screw cap bottle of pinot grigio with a corkscrew. Now I'm on my 2nd glass and watching the Swedish Chef karaoke Rapper's Delight as I make wirecutter's skirt pic my laptop's wallpaper.

Is this a great time to be alive or what?

6 comments:

pigpen51 said...

What's so great is that you can take the rest of the week off from blogging. With Wirecutter's latest post, your blog will almost run itself until the middle of next week, with hardly any thought from you. It's like he lobs the softball in and all you have to do is hit it. Kinda like Hannity with Donald Trump.

Anonymous said...

hang in there, Wise Angel One...the Force is with you....

vaquero viejo

Critter said...

Yeah, those screw caps are pretty tough.

Anonymous said...

Curiosity question if you don't mind saying. How is your shoulder doing?

Wondering,
Steve

hiswiserangel said...

I was cut loose about 10 days ago with a clean bill of health. Just in time for the Teen Queen's annual bout of bronchitis to turn into bronchial pneumonia. I'm exhausted from hospitals and every 4 hour breathing treatments, but she was cleared to go back to school this week.

Anonymous said...

Goodness, Angel One, sounds like you need a mini vacation and some stress relief......

vaquero viejo