Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Beauty: Texas Style

Went in for a little feminine maintenance and was surprised to see some upgrades in the old salon. Now I go to an older salon full of older ladies that refer to it as a "beauty shop" for one reason: Crazy Mary, the 6' tall Nordic Ice Queen who pours hot wax on my body and yanks the hair out of my tender girly bits. Don't ask me why. So there I was, waiting for my appointment, and I kept hearing grumbling of "garages" and "not right". Curious.

I look up as Crazy Mary approaches and smile, receiving the same ice blue stare I get every time. Shivering, I follow this woman back to her station and notice flashes of red as I hustle to keep up with her. Finally seated, I look across at the coloring station and stare in disbelief. And then laugh my ass off. Upgrades indeed. Beauty, Texas Style.

 
 
 

The Manicure Station

 

Stylist Stations

 
Yep, Craftsman Toolboxes, coming to fine salons near you....

10 comments:

Grand said...

It is a bad sign when a woman has to have her "beauty" done with an impact wrench.

Nordic Queen's Beauty and Tire Rotation.

hiswiserangel said...

I go in for the lube job and tune up.

Robert Fowler said...

I've seen toolboxes like that in hospital emergency rooms.

Grand said...

Ugh! I phrased that poorly!

Clearly I should have excluded Angel.

wirecutter said...

Oh jeez..... That tears it, talking about your female grooming on a public forum. You're banned for good this time.

hiswiserangel said...

1. I didn't go into detail.
2. You can't ban me from my own blog.
3. You know you'll cave eventually. You like me.

Dan O. said...

Probably cheaper and/or more useful than designated "manicure station" storage. Just watching that bottom line in this obamaconomy.

Btw, details not necessary, but end result photos welcome. Done purely for art sake, of course.

(I'll be waiting for that spanking)

hiswiserangel said...

LOL! yeah....no.
And I'm more of a spankee than a spanker. I have a dude for an Enforcer... you may want to rethink. ;-)

Dan O. said...

Rethinking in progress...done. I'll return to non-participant/voyeur status, thank-you-very-much.

hiswiserangel said...

I can spank when it's called for. Just have to shimmy into my CFM leather boots and bustier....