Friday, November 16, 2012

First Friday Rave: Eye Kandy



With all the problems this country faces, we tend to forget that life goes on and that people are still inspired to chase the American Dream. I'm going to rave today about an American businesswoman and her boutique Eye Kandy.

Dudes, this is a ladies' boutique. Now you may think this is of no interest to you, you're wrong. First, if you have a woman in your life, Christmas is coming up and this would be an excellent and painless way to do your shopping. The owner, Kandy, is extremely helpful, and can take care of your questions over the phone, send you pics of suggestions, handle the transaction and wrap and ship your gifts to you. All without you leaving your easy chair. Yeah, no excuses this year. Info on how to contact her at end of story. Second, this is a Patriot family. Support them.

Women, listen up, this place is chock full of adorable clothes and accessories that fall just enough out of the box to make you stand out in your group of friends. There isn't a single thing here that will land in the "What the Hell Was I Thinking" section of your closet. I know the pains of shopping for clothing without trying on stuff, but think ACCESSORIES. Oh yeah, Eye Kandy's got those. From Fredd and Basha purses painted by elephants (part of the proceeds go to an elephant rescue sanctuary) to scarves, shoes and jewelry, there are multiple avenues of self-expression to explore. But I have to warn you, the place is addictive.

Fredd and Basha Elephant Purse


Personal experience, first purchase was a Fredd and Basha purse that was big enough to haul all my stuff to football and basketball games (you know, hats, gloves, scarves, contraband snacks, beverages...) but not so big I'd have to check it as luggage. Kandy took my list of demands, searched her stock, and sent me pics of choices. After I decided, she handled the transaction over the phone, shipped it that day, and I had it in time for Friday night football. Now, I NEVER handle transactions over the phone, but these are THAT KIND OF PEOPLE. You remember, Old-Fashioned American Shopkeepers, the kind of people with integrity and a true belief in Customer Service. I had absolutely no problems doing business with Kandy over the phone. After the purse came the signature Kandy wallet. Both are absolutely beautiful in class and workmanship.

My Beautiful Kandy wallet


Eye Kandy is located at 253 C Mercer Street in Harmony, PA and the number to call for your Personal Shopper is (724) 777-6637. If you're in the area, stop in and say hey. I know you won't leave empty handed.

Dudes, you've got ONE MONTH to find your Lady something ultra special. I have wrapped this with a Big Bow and laid it in your lap. You have no excuses this year.

http://www.facebook.com/eyekandyfashion

21 comments:

crankyjohn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hiswiserangel said...

Dear God, CJ, please tell me you don't tuck it in the waistband of her undies...

crankyjohn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robert Fowler said...

I can get by with a 20?

hiswiserangel said...

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Dammit, I'm trying to save some sorry asses here, you can not get by with a $20. DO NOT LISTEN TO CRAZYJOHN!

crankyjohn said...

Yeah Robert, you don't want to spoil them, then they expect a gift for their birthday too.

crankyjohn said...

Christmas is not the time for regrets. That's what anniversaries are for.

hiswiserangel said...

CJ You are coming dangerously close to a banning.... ;-)

crankyjohn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crankyjohn said...

Don't make me go back to Huffpo.

hiswiserangel said...

Aw, honey, I love you too much for that...
Just behave yourself, I'll post something for you to play...

The Steel Ibeam said...

Very nice article. I support this message, but then again I have to as it is my wife's shop. This is not a mall boutique. Its a small historical town called Harmony located in Western Pennsylvania. The retail space we rent was the old Harmony Opera house that was built I believe in the late 1800's. Matter of fact, I have a picture of the place back when the road was dirt and horse power actually meant a horse pulled your carriage.

Hiswiserangel was our first online/phone purchase and the relationship has only grown since. If you want something special for Christmas or any special event, I can guarantee we have something for the little lady in your life. Thank you for your support either in words or purchases.

Israel
III

crankyjohn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Steel Ibeam said...

I swear everyday it seems the list grows to what we sell. Hell we even have iPhone 4 purse like holders. Earrings, rings, necklaces, purses, shoes, scarves, hats, shirts, tunics, pants, skirts, belts, dresses and my daughter even sells duct tape wallets and other miscellaneous duct tape accessories.

I am sure I left out something, but we really do have a lot of unique items. Things where your little lady can wear a top with a pair of jeans to go casual, or wear with a skirt or tights to go a little more dressy. If your wife likes purses and has a facebook account, have her check out the following:

http://www.facebook.com/eyekandyfashion

hiswiserangel said...

This is why I love Israel, he's so confident in his manly manliness that he can openly discuss tights without cringing. Now THAT'S a Man!

And the linky link to Eye Kandy at the bottom of the post works. Click it and at least Like them to show support. But it's better if you buy something... ;-)

crankyjohn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crankyjohn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hiswiserangel said...

Israel is a bad ass dude. :-D

The Steel Ibeam said...

Funny story about my name. My Grandfather told my Father that calling me Israel is like naming a boy Sue. Someday that boy is gonna kill you. Well, my Father is still alive and I enjoy my name.

Truth be told I was named after my Father's neighbor when my Father was a kid. My Father also watched Daniel Boone and Daniel Boone's son was named? Yep, you guessed it, Israel. So thanks for the kind words and thanks for the support at Eye Kandy.

As for cringing, that aint gonna happen. I am Kandy's best Sales Person, just ask her and she will tell ya. I have no problem outfitting any woman that comes in our store. The women that I help will get an honest opinion. I want them to feel beautiful and not have buyers remorse after leaving. That is why I look them in the eyes when I ask questions regarding the items they try on. If I see the slightest glint of doubt, I will pull something else for them to try on.

Israel
III

crankyjohn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan O. said...

But, it's not Christmas Eve or even the week before yet. Who Christmas shops in NOVEMBER for crying out loud?