Saturday, August 31, 2013

Please, please, please, please

One of  the things I love to do is spend time with Poppy as his caddy (I can't play golf, no eye/hand coordination and a lack of cussing skills). We have played some absolutely gorgeous courses (the one at Angel Fire, NM is breathtaking) and some shit courses (think cactus and mesquite in the rough); but the one thing that remains a constant joy is rental golf carts. Scarier than getting the crappy cart at the grocery store that has the one wheel that spins like a ballerina on crack is getting the cart with the loose steering wheel that turns without any change of course of the cart.

As caddy (and designated driver), I get to drive Poppy and his crew to the course and drive the golf cart as they drink beer (and whatever it is that Bones keeps in his hip flask), bullshit, and cheat at golf. It is, without a doubt, one of the most fun chores I have as #1 Daughter. But if I could just have this...

2 comments:

Robert Fowler said...

I'm going to go buy a lottery ticket. Hell, I don't play golf and I want one.

The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.

idahobob said...

What a cute little hovercraft.

Bob
III