Saturday, August 31, 2013

What I'm drinking this weekend

Yea! Detox weekend! Actually, this stuff is really good, tasty, works well, and mixes with either whiskey or gin.



Body Flush and Detox Water

1 cucumber...
1 lemon
1 or 2 oranges
2 limes
1 bunch of mint

Slice them all and divide the ingredients between four 24 oz water bottles, muddle slightly and fill them up with filtered water. Drink daily Not only does this taste delicious and help flush fat, but it also counts toward your daily water intake!

Lemons: Help in the absorption of sugars and calcium and cuts down your cravings for sweets.

Cucumbers act as a diuretic and flush fat cells. It is alkalizing to the body (if you have an alkaline body, no diseases can live there), and increase your energy levels.

Limes promote a healthy digestive tract.

Mint is a natural appetite suppressant that also aids in digestion.

14 comments:

Bigus Macus said...

I kept waiting for you to add the Bourbon....

hiswiserangel said...

I did say "whiskey or gin", Tim.
:-)

timbo said...

Why?
Other than the fact, as you pointed out, that it looks like a great way to get some booze in ya!

Are you feeling toxic?

hiswiserangel said...

Because it's fruity and pretty, and it pisses off wirecutter.

idahobob said...

Hmmmmm, most Detox's are just downright nasty!

Bob
III

Anonymous said...

Well... leave out the cucumber and mint add red wine instead of water. --Ray

RabidAlien said...

Interesting....::notes the fat-flush features::

wirecutter said...

"and it pisses off Wirecutter"...
A noble goal, to be sure.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice excuse to ingest rum. lol

Chief Nose Wetter said...

Looks good. My liver can use a good detox. Pick up a Big Berkey water filter. Best thing I ever got. Filers all chemicals and flouride out if you have city water.

Boots said...

Love your site; I come around but have never commented. I made this early this morning, as I am trying to get back in shape/start running again. It is actually pretty good, more than tolerable for sure. I may have used too much water, but I think this should still work, yes? I put in a little extra lemon also. The only thing I need is to find my tea ball. I dont much care for the little mint floaties, but I'm not a fan of mint to begin with. (if you like mint, I don't think you'll need a tea ball). Thank You for the recipe! :-)

Boots said...

Maybe this could be done in a juicer also? The issue there is that the pulp/rinds are removed. Would that matter? I suppose I shouldn't bother. It's easier to just cut it up. The juicer is a great tool. However it makes a pretty big mess and you have to stop frequently to clean the blade with a toothbrush for best results.

hiswiserangel said...

Boots, I muddle the mint (like a mojito) dump the fruit in, give them a little hit with the muddler, then the water. I make it ahead of time so it can mix. Then I strain it.

But if you love juicing, you really need to get a NutriBullet. Fast, easy cleanup, get the fiber and nutrients of the whole fruit and vegetable. Seriously, clean up is running the blades and cup under hot water, and an occasional run in the dishwasher.

Boots said...

Excellent point on the bullet. I have it. My husband went through a smoothie phase, haven't used it since. (I'm not big on dairy; I had no smoothie phase.)

The juicer: mix spinach and pineapple. Makes a great juice. Anything really sweet combined with a bitter green works well. Also good for making lemonade. OJ: not so good. (waste of oranges.)